Why do some people have more energy and more vitality than others? Alas it seems a majority of people suffer with a lack of energy frequently struggling with fatigue. Could you use some extra energy in life?
Do you get home from work feeling exhausted and just fling yourself down on the couch and find it so hard to even get up and make yourself dinner?
That isn’t good. It’s no way to live!
It’s time to energise your life and refill your batteries.
It is essential that you’re always feeling full of life, ready to tackle your day’s to-do list. When your energy level feels way too low to deal with everything you have to do, you need to revitalize yourself and give yourself a jump-start.
All living things require energy to do the work necessary for survival and reproduction. If you want to feel more alive, you must take care of your body and your mind, eat well, get enough sleep, regular exercise and don’t smoke. They are absolutely essential if you’re going to have more energy and more vitality. Alas that’s not enough, there’s more you have to do. .
Energy is your life force, it is that part of you which sustains you, provides the fuel for everything you want to do. Its supply is very much dependent on your wellbeing. Not just the physical side which will be supported by the changes I’ve already provided but also your emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. It is these other aspects that will determine the level of your energy. Get them right and there’s no doubts you’ll have more energy and more vitality.
Let me explain this in really simple terms.
When you’re feeling down, your energy levels decline dramatically, leaving you sluggish. When you are feeling positive and excited about life you have high energy. Those with positive emotions have the most energy day to day. Psychological tiredness is often the most common reason for your lack of energy. You’re down, in all departments, physically, mentally, emotionally, so of course you not going to have any energy.
To overcome psychological fatigue and get back that zest in your life it’s important to break the cycle of negativity. It can be very easy to get into a cycle of automatic negative thoughts particularly when you are finding things are a struggle. Which is alas how far too many people find life to be.
You need to make a conscious effort to break the hold that negativity has on you. Deciding to do something to help yourself is the most important step you can take. Try to recognise the pattern of negative thinking when you are doing it, and replace it with a more constructive thinking adopting a positive attitude by creating changes that work for you.
It may seem next to impossible to turn it around when you’re facing tough times, but here are a few simple steps to help break the chain of negative thinking.
• Allow yourself positive experiences and treats that revitalise you and bring happiness and magic moments. Every minute I get with my Grandchildren gives me an injection of positivity. Taking them to the beach, to a playground, out for an ice cream just gives me an incredible boost and of course happy memories.
• Pay attention to your personal appearance. The way you look certainly has a major impact on the way you feel. When down it’s usual to make less effort in your appearance as well as your cleanliness. You will find having an invigorating shower every morning will energise you, and taking time on your appearance, wearing nice, smart, clean clothes, getting your hair right, and for you ladies doing your make up will make you feel better about yourself.
• Set yourself goals that inspire and excite you. By having something you’re aiming for, a target to achieve gives you a drive and energises you like nothing else. It provides you with the reason for getting out of bed, and working towards your goal gives you the excitement to keep going every day. Alternatively without goals you feel empty and often see life as being simply meaningless. So find the vision inside of your mind of the things you really want to achieve, set your goals to achieve them, and feel the increase in energy this provides.
• Make time for relaxation. Life can often feel like you are stuck on a speeding roller coaster ride with no end in sight. Life is full of things to do, problems to solve, jobs to do. You look after everything but yourself and this is a recipe for disaster. You need to take time out to recharge yourself as well as to rest and relax. Spending time practicing things like deep breathing, meditation, progressive muscular relaxation and deep breathing will do you so much good. I have produced 10 audio scrips to help people learn to use these and other relaxation processes and it’s yours absolutely free. Get it here.
• Building on relaxation it’s important for you to make time for yourself to do things that will be fun. Whether it’s meeting friends, going out for the evening, or taking a walk along a beautiful beach, you need to make sure you take time out for yourself.
• Have you noticed when you’re feeling most exhausted how negative not only your inner voice is but also the conversations you have with others. If you pay attention to what you’re saying you would notice how miserable you sound, how negative and dour. So a great pick me up would be to use positive language, work on both your inner and outer voice and start getting more positive in your communication.
Each of these are only small changes but if you really want to have more energy and more vitality together these will make a massive difference to you. Implement these changes if you want a life with excitement, feeling alive and full of energy.
Can you imagine waking up every day with energy? Make the changes and find out what it’s like!
“Energy and persistence conquer all things.” Benjamin Franklin