Welcome to Healthy Lifestyles Living, in today’s post I’m going to answer the question
It’s never too late to start changing your lifestyle, of course the sooner the better but no matter what your circumstances are today, just remember, there is always improvement to be made for tomorrow.
- Have improved energy levels, enabling you to increase your productivity.
- Have good mental health, a key area in healthy living which is often overlooked.
- Have improved sleep ensuring you always wake up recharged in the morning ready for the day that lies ahead.
- Protect yourself against illness by reducing the risk of common diseases and health problems.
I could go on but I’m sure you already knew these facts before you started reading this post. What I want to ask you today is why is a healthy lifestyle important to you? No matter how you found your way to my website today, what was it that got you here? Why did you type what you did into Google or your search engine of choice? Why did you click on that social media post or image? Have a good think right now because this is your reason why you want a healthy lifestyle. Why did you start to look for change? Hold on to it! If you want to live a healthy lifestyle I will show you how to make it happen in this blog series. I can help you get healthy and stay healthy for life but only you know your true reason for wanting to live a healthy lifestyle in the first place and this is going to help you more than you can ever imagine.
If you’ve tried to lose weight before or tried to “get healthy” and failed then let me quickly tell you that over my years as a fitness professional I’ve helped thousands of people get healthy and I’ve done this by introducing them to a system that I use myself and I’ll be talking about that later in this blog series. It takes a little determination and a few lifestyle changes here and there but it works and it provides amazing results. The real kicker is this process will stay with you for life.
I would always ask my gym members what their reason was for joining my gym and most of the time I got the standard answers:
- I want to lose weight.
- I want to look better.
- I want to fit into my summer clothes.
- I want to feel more attractive.
- I want a six pack.
That’s all well and good but all these reasons have more of an underlying factor to them. Once I prompted them further I got more specific answers like:
- I want to find my soulmate and start a family.
- I want to be able to have more energy so I can play with my kids in the park instead of being sat on the side-lines.
- I want to have more confidence so I can meet people and make new friends and social connections.
- I want to live longer so I can watch my grandkids grow up.
So, let me ask you again, why is a healthy lifestyle important to you? Here’s a reminder of why you should start living a healthy lifestyle. An overweight person can:
- Cut their risk of heart disease by up to 25%,
- Reduce their risk of a heart attack by 29%,
- Reduce their risk of diabetes by up to 64%,
- Reduce their risk of having high cholesterol by 33%,
- Reduce their risk of dying from any cause by 16%,
- Reduce their risk of asthma by 30%,
- Reduce their risk of stomach cancer by 10%,
- Reduce their risk of gallstones by 60%,
- Cut their risk of osteoarthritis by 12%, reduce their risk of esophageal cancer by 55%, and cut their risk of having high blood pressure by 44%.
I know I want those odds to be in my favour and that’s why living a healthy lifestyle is so important!
Before we move on to the next article, I want you to give me your top 2 “bad health” choices and why you do them. For me, I love steak and chips, I can’t get enough of it and I love chocolate. They are my top two vices, oh and I forgot to mention coffee! I’m addicted to the stuff! Let me know what you struggle with in the comments below or alternatively if you want them to be kept private then email them to me using our contact us form. I love hearing from my readers and helping all of you improve your lifestyle.
Once you’ve left your comment then it’s time to move on to the next article in this series and we’re going to look at what makes up a healthy lifestyle. I will introduce you to all the components you need to master for you to consider yourself to be living a truly healthy lifestyle.
I’ll see you there!
Next up: What Is A Healthy Lifestyle?