Long ago you wouldn’t have described me as a morning person. Like many others I would struggle every morning to get out of bed, so I’d always be running late and everything just seemed so chaotic. I rarely had time for breakfast and I’d probably have to go through the morning surviving on nothing more than strong coffee, lots of them. Not a good way to start my day.
Are you starting your mornings in the same way as I once did? If you are then please understand that you are making yourself powerless and helpless when you struggle getting up in the morning. You are setting up your day in the worst possible way. Whatever else you do, beating your need to use the snooze button every morning will make a significant difference to your life.
Now one of the most important things I do for myself is start every day with my power up morning routine. Waking up and doing things that are empowering for you gives you an amazing start to your day. It sets the tone for the rest of the day meaning you’re more likely to remain focused and energised all day through. This change for me has made a massive difference to my life.
Waking up a bit earlier than normal can improve your life in so many ways. Suddenly you will have more time to get things done that would have been impossible before. It also benefits you by removing the normal stress of waking up and rushing around like a mad person trying to get everything done in a panic. It will provide you with the perfect start to your day.
It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom. – Aristotle
Waking up being able to create your ideal day is a very powerful habit that once you develop it you will produce better results for you on an on-going basis. To do this all you have to do is use 5 minutes of your morning and visualise your day ahead working out exactly as you would want it to. Visualise everything being perfect. See yourself performing at your very best. Everything working out just right, results going for you in everything you do.
There are some awesome things you could be doing in the mornings which will really help you improve your life. In the silence of the morning nobody phones, texts or emails so you have uninterrupted time.
Starting your day with good intention and a plan improves your chances of success. It will certainly help you to find your energy and inspiration.
Let me show you the steps I take every morning. By the end of April I will be releasing my Morning Power Up Session in our brand new members area here on Healthy Lifestyles Living.
These are my empowering morning routine steps:
- Action Step 1: Decide your regular wake up time!
- Action Step 2: Get straight out of bed on awakening!
- Action Step 3: Put a smile on your face
- Action Step 4: Drink a large glass of water (having prepared it the night before leaving it at the side of your bed)
- Action Step 5: Put your clothes on (having prepared them the night before leaving them at the side of your bed)
- Action Step 6: Stretch your body fully (5 minutes)
- Action Step 7: Focus on your breathing, breathe deeply! (5 minutes)
- Action Step 8: Charge your body through centreing! (5 minutes)
- Action Step 9: Get your body moving, a power walk will empower you physically and mentally! (30 minutes) While doing this also do the following:
- Action Step 10: Give thanks for everything you are grateful for! (5 minutes)
- Action Step 11: Repeat a positive affirmation statement or two (5 minutes)
- Action Step 12: Visualise in your mind your Perfect Day (5 minutes)
- Action Step 13: Give yourself peace and me time with Meditation (5 minutes)
- Action Step 14: Fuel up your body eating a healthy breakfast
- Action Step 15: Get focused on what’s important (5 minutes)
- Action Step 16: Write a journal to capture everything (5 minutes)
So establishing a daily morning routine is one of the most powerful things you can do. It’s time to leave your negative feelings behind you and be thankful for the new day and all the wonderful possibilities and experiences that it gives you.
Give it a try. Use your mornings from now on as your platform to launch a great day, every day.