Have you lost your passion? Does it really matter? Is finding your passion of any importance on your journey for personal growth? I assure you that it is critical to get in touch with that inner fire burning inside of you, to re-spark the magic it brings, because it is the foundation of everything that you do. It reflects who you really are.
When your life is lived following your passion, you feel alive, filled with joy. When you talk people hear your passion, feel your excitement, see your energy flowing out of you. The feeling of exhilaration that runs through you is simply awesome. You are unstoppable, presenting an irresistible force of energy that creates a magnetic aura that attracts people and things to you.
But when you have lost your passion you become disoriented, stuck and generally discontented with the life you are living. You forget those things that are important to you and why they are important. Maybe you are doing a job that no longer inspires you, with each day dragging very slowly, almost draining every last bit of energy and motivation from you.
The journey to finding your passion, is what “finding yourself” is all about. You need to determine where you are now and where you want to get to. It doesn’t matter what kind of changes you want to make — mental, physical, financial, in your relationships — they all have to have a starting point and reconnecting with your ‘passion for life’ is the best place you can possibly start.
It involves getting back in touch with who you are and remembering what you love…what gives you joy or peace or satisfaction in life…. It means rekindling your passion. That’s why it is so worth doing, spending time on yourself, so as to make the rest of your life BRILLIANT!
So be honest here, are the answers to any of these questions … YES.
- Have you neglected to plan what experiences and achievements you wish to enjoy in your life, business or career by the end of this year?
- Is there a gap between the life you want to live and the life you are currently experiencing?
- Are you having difficulty achieving targets that you set for yourself?
- Have you given up thinking of your dreams?
- Are you feeling stuck or have you lost your passion?
Let me carry on with asking you a few more questions.
How do you know when you have lost your passion:
- You are totally missing enthusiasm about your life and your work
- Your days seem to go so slowly, time seems to be passing in slow motion
- You feel exhausted at the end of your working day but feeling though you’ve achieved nothing
- You feel unfulfilled at the end of your evening
- You don’t seem able to focus on anything for long
- You are easily distracted, and knocked off course
- You know your life’s off track and the direction it seems to be going in is not the one you want
- You have no idea how to shift your personal or professional life back on to the right track
- You are constantly having negative thoughts
- You hold no aspiring expectations for your life
- You no longer give yourself time to dream
- You lack any positive vision seeing only failure, and unhappiness in front of you
- You feel a failure, yet no longer have any get up and go to make your life flourish.
- You just accept that your life is going to b e a constant struggle, and that’s the way things are.
Maybe you are seeing now how important having passion is to you. It is passion, day after day, that has created the life I am living, built the business that is growing, and has provided the excitement I feel on a daily basis. Losing your passion is a disaster to your life. Imagine living the life that was meant for YOU full of passion. How much better would things be? Maybe this explains why I am building the Power of Passion Community.
This in its own right excites me like nothing else. I’m creating something new, giving something that is going to make the difference. It’s going to take time to build. I have to gain people’s confidence. I have to help them to see how important passion is to them. Then encourage them to give themselves time to work on bringing it in to their lives. And equally important, doing this on the internet, I have to show its genuine, no catches, no nasty surprises. In time people will see I am a man filled with passion, a coach who wants to make the difference, and a lifestyle entrepreneur giving something back by building a free community that will bring passion into other people’s lives.
So now back to you. If you’ve lost your passion, admit that to yourself. Accept where your life is right now, and that it’s not where you want it to be. I understand how life is when you’re worried about money, you have a family to support, where you have no job security, you read about the economic problems across the world, and you think the only course you can follow, is playing it safe. Part of this route means you put up with a life of mediocrity and dissatisfaction, and you certainly don’t try and excite yourself, or think about new possibilities, particularly ones connected to your passions.
Well let me tell you, life’s too short not to do the things you love. Get started on a new and exciting path today, stop finding excuses why you can’t! Your passion needs to run through all your life experiences and be a big part of your life.
Come on, just imagine if you were pursuing activities that truly moved you, for which you have a deep internal drive and spark, and something you believe about strongly. This *passion* is a flame that would simply empower you. Why would anybody choose not to live like this?
Michelangelo, the famous sculptor said that he didn’t really create the figures he carved in marble, he simply chipped away the excess to reveal the masterpieces that were already in the stone. Your passions are within you, you simply need to chip away until you reconnect with them. So such a simple journey yet such a huge difference can you make. A life where you are aligned with your natural gifts and passions, is surely a life where you will find happiness and contentment. Can you see this?
So it’s time to reveal your unique talents hidden under layers of doubts and self imposed limitations. The answers all sit within you and the destiny you are meant to live awaits you. Your passion and destiny has been calling all along and the evidence is in you right now.
Start your journey right now, and answer these questions:
- Write 5 things you do NOT enjoy doing that our currently part of your life?
- Write 5 things that are easy, natural and fun for you.
- What do others tell you do well?
- What have you told yourself about what it means to “live your passion”?
- Has this helped you or harmed you?
I hope today, I’ve made you even for a second consider finding once again those things you have a true passion for. I’m a passionate advocate for excellence. I’m a firm believer that with enough positive dedication everyone can accomplish anything that they want in life. I love being the best I can be and being the best at what I do. And I know passion doesn’t just lead to success it also brings a real happiness to your life. I blog in the hope that I can make a difference for you.
Like this post? Please do me a quick favour and share with others and comment below.
Life Coaching with Larry
I hope this article has helped you in some way today. If you have ended up asking yourself more questions instead of getting questions answered then maybe I can help you. Take up my free 30 minute session to see if life coaching is for you.
Does this sound familiar?
- In midlife transition and lost the spark and direction?
- Looking for more clarity, meaning and joy?
- Feeling stuck or confused about your future?
- Want to do more, be more, achieve more?
If so, click on the button below to book your free session today!