You can Heal Your Life
By Louise L. Hay
Louise Hays You Can Heal Your Life has sold over 35 million copies worldwide. Louise is known as one of the founders of the self-help movement and through this book offers a whole philosophy for how you can bring healing and positivity into your life.
The essence of You Can Heal Your Life is love of the self and evaporation of guilt, a process which makes us mentally free and physically healthy. The Author puts forward a direct link between physical ailments and mental attitude and habitual ways of thinking. By developing positive thought patterns it is possible to reverse illness and creating health.
Some of the main points are:
- Disease is the product of states of mind. The inability to forgive is the root cause of all illness.
- Healing requires us to release the pattern of thought that has led to our present condition. The “problem” is rarely the real issue. The superficial things that we don’t like about ourselves mask a deeper belief that we are “not good enough.” Genuinely loving the self is the basis for all self-healing.
- Affirmations are about remembering our true self and utilizing its power. Therefore, trust in the power of affirmations to manifest what you want. They must always be positive and in the present tense; for example, “I am totally healthy” or “Marvelous work opportunities are coming to me.” The book contains many affirmations to choose from. “Whatever we concentrate on increases, so don’t concentrate on your bills.” You will only create more of them.
- Gratefulness for what you do have makes it more abundant. Become aware of the limitless supply of the universe—observe nature! Your income is only a channel of prosperity, not its source. “Your security is not your job, or your bank account, or your investments, or your spouse, or parents.
- Your security is your ability to connect with the cosmic power that creates all things.” If you have the ability to still your mind and invoke feelings of peace by realizing you are not alone, you can never really feel insecure again.
- One of the first things Hay says to people who come to see her is “Stop criticizing yourself!” We may have spent a lifetime doing this, but the beginning of real self-love—one of the main ingredients in healing your life—happens when we decide to give ourselves a break.
- Dwell on your problems and they become insurmountable; consider your possibilities and they provide hope and motivation. Millions have had similarly difficult lives to Hay, but not everyone has the will to leave their problems behind or even the knowledge that they can; deprivation forms the illusion that “this is all there is.” Hay’s insistence to herself that pain and setbacks would not define her led her out of multiple psychological black holes. Her book has the credibility of the successful escapee.
One of my favourite quotes, as a gym instructor comes from this book:
“They will often tell me they can’t love themselves because they are so fat, or as one girl put it, ‘too round at the edges.’ I explain that they are fat because they don’t love themselves. When we begin to love and approve of ourselves, it’s amazing how weight just disappears from our bodies.”
So if you are struggling with staying positive in this day and age or are wondering why you are suffering from an illness and are looking for help I strongly recommend this.
Score Your Way To Good Health - With Our Healthy Lifestyle Plan
Score your way to good health with our healthy lifestyle plan and it's unique 70 point weekly scorecard!