Destiny is not a matter of chance, but of choice. Not something to wish for, but to attain – William Jennings Bryan
This article is based on my own personal philosophy of life. It is based on my desire not to allow my journey through life to be controlled by anyone other than myself. I have always believed that I have to take control of my life and be in the driver’s seat. Life to me has always been full of hidden treasures and endless possibilities. It has been up to me to find the keys to open up the treasure box. It is me that is in control of my destiny.
I certainly am not denying that life can be really tough and challenging. By standing strong, and showing massive determination you can become the person you want to be. You can achieve your dreams.
Over 1000’s of years the Earth that we inhabit has taken shape carved by the wind, sand and rain. We also take our shape from the elements in our lives, the largest force of which is ourselves. Rocks don’t control how they are moulded by the stressors placed on them; they simply react to every demand. We human beings are different, as we can very much influence our ultimate shape , otherwise known as our destiny. No matter what stressors we face, we are in control of our lives, as we can control how we react to everything.
As a life coach, to often I have had people describe to me their life, where they describe their existence as of being stuck in a hard place, with the weight of the word on their shoulders. They feel as though they are being whittled down by the winds of ill fortune, battered by the demands on them. They have suffered for years, in pain , over all manner of things
So, although you can’t change your past, you can not turn the clocks back and stop what has already happened, you can change yourself and therefore change your future. Your destiny is in your hands , so take control of it, and realise there is no limit to what you can achieve.
Nothing in your current circumstances matter in whether or not you can achieve your destiny! Nothing! Now, your current state may make it a longer or harder journey than someone else, but the possibility is always there no matter what your current circumstances are. And that is the message we need to continually tell ourselves. “I can doit.” Not “I can’t do it.”
We have a significant role in shaping our own destiny! The choice is yours…don t leave your destiny to chance! There is nothing wrong if you are happy as you are; however, know that it is possible to become the person you want to be if you are unhappy. May be your goal is to get a better job, lose weight and become more healthier, get a degree or start your own business…it is not too late to achieve your dreams. Reposition your self if you don t like your current situation. Your dreams will come true if you are ready to pay the price. Courage, dedication, determination, faith, focus, meditation, patience, perseverance, prayers and strength are some of the currency you need for the journey. There is no drive-thru or short cut to achieving your destiny. It is not instantaneous! Success, change and outcome of any process usually take time. Start your journey today to achieve your destiny sooner or later.
You are the master of your own destiny. Use your strengths well. They are the keys to your destiny and your success in life. Once you know yourself and take action to realize your dreams, you can unlock the doors to your own potential. – Neil Somerville
Your destiny is the dream that lies within you of your desired and preferred future. And the things that we choose each day are what lead us to that destiny: Our actions, our words, our attitudes, and our relationships. They all add up to develop and shape that date on which we will reach our destiny.
I have often heard, that there is a plan, ‘God’s plan’ a specifically designed destiny for each person on this earth. This destiny is productive, fulfilling and very rewarding. All other destinies pale in comparison, falling way short of the true destiny created for each person on earth. The problem is most people live and die without ever fulfilling their true destiny.
To fulfil your own destiny you have to get things moving, not sit back and wait for it all to full into your lap.
Start with these steps and you are on your way.
- Discover your values – When we feel like we are working hard but not getting anywhere it is probably because our priorities are not aligned with our values. Our values are the guiding force from which our life purpose, goals, and all of our daily actions flow from. To achieve your destiny you must know with full certainty what your core values are and what they mean to them.
To begin identifying your values ask yourself these questions:
– What is important to me?
– Who is important to me?
– What or who is most important? Be honest with yourself.
– What do I need to do to feel good about myself?
– How would you feel if someone you respect knew this was one of your values?
– Would you stick by this value?
– Is it who you are?
– How is this value affecting your life?
Make a list of your 10 top values. Of that 10 choose 4 and of the 4 choose your top two. From this exercise you will see where you need to focus your time and effort.
2. Decide what motivates you. If tomorrow you knew you could do anything and not fail what would you do? Is there something you are passionate about but are afraid of trying? If you have no idea what your passion is spend some time reflecting on it. To start, write down the types of activities you like to do and the types of activities (hobbies) that make you feel good when you do them. What are your special skills and talents – don’t be shy – usually if it’s something we like to do we are probably good at it. What inspires you?
3. Set Goals. Have a Goal to reach towards, everyday must have meaning or why bother getting out of bed ? Nothing is more a waste of time than to spend days, weeks, years doing nothing , for want of any kind of Goal you want to reach. It does not need to be something extravagant. But there needs to be something, or we flounder, wandering about aimlessly and wasting the days of our lives.
4. Take Action. Goals are worthless without action. If you have written long-term and short-term goals and prioritised them, you have a plan of action. Just take it one step at a time and do something everyday that takes you closer to where you want to be. Remember however, to live in the present and be thankful for what you have now, enjoying the journey toward your goals.
5. Manage Your Time. We all have the same amount of time to use in a day. Why do some people a lot done while others do very little? You have complete control of how much time you spend productively and how much you waste. Plan your days and prioritise your time to get the most out of the time you have.
6. Do What Needs to be Done. Do what has to be done to get to where you want to go. Whether it is a mundane task or internal work, putting it off gets us nowhere. You are either going forward or falling behind; there is no such thing as standing still. Sometimes when we work on ourselves we stop when we get to a place that we need to change. Change can be difficult when we have to step out of our comfort zone. The more change is needed the more difficult it is.
7. Have faith. To reach our goals we must visualise them as already being accomplished and have faith that we can reach them. When you believe in and trust yourself and have enough desire, self-discipline comes easily.
8. Cut out the small stuff. Don’t waste your time over Trivia All too often we hustle and bustle our way through our day to end up tired and stressed at the end of the day, and look back to realise we didn’t really do anything ! So we make it more than it is and give more time and engery to it and the more we do this, the less we have of either time or energy to do things that really matter. Get off the merry go round, and cut out those silly things that will help you achieve nothing.
I hope that this article can make a difference to you, uplifting you and encouraging you to move in a positive direction.
Take control of your destiny. Believe in yourself. Ignore those who try to discourage you. Avoid negative sources, people, places, things and habits. Don’t give up and don’t give in – Wanda Carte
Score Your Way To Good Health - With Our Healthy Lifestyle Plan
Score your way to good health with our healthy lifestyle plan and it's unique 70 point weekly scorecard!
Larry for once I have nothing to add! Your points are well said. This post reveals your journey and conviction that things can happen. The path is shown to us but the work can only be done by us beings.
Wonderful post Larry! I always tell my children “Winners never quit, and quitters never Win!” and “what comes around, goes around”.
I’m with Ed on this one…I don’t manage my time as well as I think I could, but have been doing better in 2011. I work very well under pressure, and usually put myself in a position where I am pressed for time in order to perform better at the task at hand.
wowwww…wayyyyyy to cognitive for me…but nice idea….I’m black and white… I envy people with gray.. people that are a combination of the feeler and thinker….a healthy balance…..being a feeler…I lack that balance…but one can dream….As always…XOXOXO