“The one thing that separates winners from losers is, winners take action!” Anthony Robbins
Am I here to upset you today? Is this a tactic to create loads of comments, all of a negative type I’d expect? Maybe, I’m bringing my physical fitness trainer skills to personal development coaching. Perhaps that is it. How many times when doing personal training with someone have I heard them say “I can’t do that, it’s too hard, it’s not within my power”. This is the point at which I’m challenging them to step out of their comfort zone. It is the moment where they make a decision. How important is my goal? Is it worth this effort, maybe even the pain I’m going to suffer? Those that end up achieving the results they are after, indeed step up to the plate, and do what they think is the impossible. The others just give up on themselves, and accept they’ll never have it in them to get where they want to go.
I define the difference between these two sets of people, as the winners and losers.
Attributes of a Loser
- Losers only do what they feel like doing
- Losers make their decisions based upon instantaneous satisfaction
- Losers live in the here and now, but never look towards the future.
- If Losers don’t feel like carrying out a certain undertaking then they won’t do it, no matter what its completion could bring them.
- Losers don’t want to do the work necessary and to achieve their goals
- Losers complain about the process of goal setting and how it never works, though in reality they never see anything through.
Attributes of a Winner
- Winners do what is necessary to get the job done
- Winners know what needs to be done to move themselves towards their goals and they take massive action towards their achievement
- Winners know they have to make short-term; medium-term, and long-term decisions
- Winners know they won’t win every battle, but they’ll keep going until they win the war.
- Winners are consistent with their actions and always push themselves towards excellence
- Winners are determined and dedicated
- Winners determine what are the most important things for them to achieve and are extremely goal driven
- Winners take massive action every day to make things happen.
“Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” Denis Waitley
So if you want to change your life, and become a winner, you need to put your ass into gear and start making things happen.
Tony Robbins says. “This is your opportunity to make the most important decision you will ever make. Forget your past. Who are you now? Who have you decided you really are now? Don’t think about who you have been. Who are you now? Who have you decided to become? Make this decision consciously. Make it carefully. Make it powerfully.”
Without goals, without committed action, without mistakes, you will never make a change in your life. You will continue down the same path of ‘losing’ that currently may be driving you nuts
No longer allow yourself to sit back and watch life pass you by. If you don’t take action, you will regret it, whatever it is you need to take action for. You are someone who is filled with the get up and go to change your life in so many fantastic ways if only you would get up and do something about it.
Some people tend to think more and act less. They think endlessly about something without any action. The result can be only achieved only out of some action. So, one needs to master the habit of action. Idle thinking fetches no result.
You have to go out into the world and do what it is you need to do to get what it is you want. Reading, learning and talking are great but you need to take action if you want to achieve any type of success. It is the taking action part of the success formula where most people falter. Reading my blog is great, and I thank you for doing so, but I want you to get away from your computer and take some decisive actions towards your goals. Unless of course like me, your blog is part of your master plan.
It’s the day-to-day consistent steps that create success. When you are overwhelmed with the enormity of your journey, immobilized with fear, or overcome with a sense of hopelessness, remember that sometimes you just have to put one foot in front of the other. And yes – even the small steps count! Any action in the general direction of your self-chosen desired outcome will get the ball rolling.
Never give up because the success you are after could be just around the corner. Set your goals, review them regularly, develop daily action steps follow through and focus on action action action and you will be successful.
‘Take the first step; You do not need to see the whole staircase before you, just take the first step in faith.’ Dr Martin Luther King
The secret to success is in the doing!
Tommorow I’m going to introduce you to how to move forward with solution-focused change
“A journey of 1,000 miles must begin with one step.”Ancient Chinese Proverb