A Step-by-step Guide to Discovering, Developing and Living Your Passion
Do you know what you’re passionate about? What is your passion in life? Is there anything in life that makes you feel really good, excited, and switched on? If not, you either haven’t found your life passion yet, or you are neglecting it.
Our passions are what give life its juice. It is time you discovered your passion. Today we’re going to investigate how to identify your life’s passion so that ultimately, you can build a happy and fulfilling life through it. Everyone has a passion, it’s just a matter of whether you have allowed yourself to find it, live it, and follow it.
Loving what you do gives you a reason to wake up every morning and look forward to life. Everyone has passion in them, it’s a matter of just finding it. From the early years, all of us are passionate about something. But over the years we lose track of what is was and never seem to be able to rekindle that memory.
Yet the power of your passion is so incredible that it could change your entire life. Without your passion the chances are you will live a life of mediocrity. That is why it is so important for you to discover where your passion lies.
So what’s the thing that you could do all day long, without even thinking of being tired, with deep focus and endless happiness? This is what you’re passionate about. Finding your true passion is one of the most important things you can do for your life. It sounds worth finding, doesn’t it?
What’s your real passion?
Let’s look at some of your personal characteristics to try and uncover the answer.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
• How could I help others by sharing my past experiences?
• What positive experiences in my life may be of particular interest to someone else?
• Have I been through some difficult circumstance in life that others would be interested in?
• What characteristics would my friends, family and colleagues use to describe me?
Your knowledge is another area which can give you a good indication of what your passions may be.
Here are a few more questions to ask yourself:
• What do I know?
• Have I learned anything that I can share with others?
• What activities am I really good at?
• What skills do I have?
• What are my strengths?
Ask yourself what constantly occupies your mind. Do some brainstorming. Do you wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night thinking of something in particular? Here is a list of questions you can ask yourself to help determine your true passion.
• Do I have any hobbies?
• Do I have any special interests?
• Am I an expert in anything?
• Do I have any specialized training in anything?
• What sports do I enjoy playing?
• What activities give me the greatest sense of self-fulfillment, joy, pride, and happiness?
• What are my interests, hobbies, and leisure activities?
• If I had no limitations, what would I do?
• What have I secretly dreamed of?
• If I could do one thing for the rest of my life, what would it be?
• When I have spare time, what do I like to do?
• What one subject can I enjoy talking about for many hours?
• What do I most enjoy doing for others?
Now let’s step it up at bit more, let’s get your blood pumping.
Ask yourself these questions:
• What would excite me?
• How can I convey that excitement to others?
• What do I love to do? What brings me joy, happiness or satisfaction?
• What would I do, even if I never got paid for it?
• If I were given 6 months to live, how would I spend the remainder of my days?
• If I had 10 billion dollars, what would I do? How would I impact the greater good for the sake of others? What would I do with my time and life?
• At the end of my life, what would be the one thing I want to be most happy about having done or having been?
Once you find your life passion, go for it with your whole heart. Time spent doing what you love will never be time wasted. My passion is for teaching, coaching, writing, and speaking. When I am doing what I love, it doesn’t feel like work. I hope you can find what it is that will make life so great for you! To spend the majority of my time doing what I love, helping others by doing it, and making a living at the same time is simply awesome.
We all have dreams, but too often life pushes us off track. What I don’t want for you is when you get towards the end of your life you will regret what you have not pursued. There is nothing worse than arriving at the end of the journey and having regret. This is why finding your passion, and following it is so important. Live your life so that you do not have regrets.
Find your Passion!