I believe that change is one of the most important rights that we have as human beings.
We often fear change of any kind because we are worried about it ruining things we like and habits that we have grown accustomed to. Although this might be true, letting go of old practices is what makes us grow and mature as people and this can be very positive. Change brings growth.
You are living in a time of extraordinary opportunities and significant challenges. But are you truly experiencing the quality of life you desire? Is their a gap between where you are and where you really want to be?
Focus is the ultimate power that can change the way you think, the way you feel, and what you do in any moment. When you change your focus, you change your life. What you focus on determines the direction you will go. If you control your focus, you can achieve anything. When you fail to focus your time on the areas that are truly important you tend to just be reactive to things around you.
If you want to change your life, change your focus. To change your focus ask better questions.
Do you wonder why you’ve not succeeded? Why have you not achieved your Goals? You work hard, long hours and seem to do so much. You successfully tick of everything on your to-do list every day, yet you feel like you never really accomplish anything. Well you’re focusing on the wrong things. What you do isn’t working, so you have got to discover what is it you need to do to achieve the results you want. So you have got to change your questions.
Firstly you have to clear up the mistakes you are currently making. So let’s ask some questions to ascertain what you’re doing wrong at this time.
- What are some areas you focus on in life that don’t really serve you?
- Are there some things that you fear or don’t want to experience but often find yourself thinking about anyway?
- What activities do you do on a regular basis that you really don’t have to or that someone else could easily do for you?
Now let’s focus on what you could be doing.
- What’s something you want to achieve, experience, learn or master?
- What do you want to achieve in your life, that would truly give you the drive and determination to make it happen?
- Why do you want this?
- What will it give you?
- •What will it eliminate?
Now let’s look to see if you are spending your time doing the right things:
- If you had more time, how would you use it, what would you do with it?
- Where do you currently spend your time?
- How many things do you waste your time on, but which are outside of your control?
- What things do you spend time on which you know are silly, ridiculous, even insane?
- What activities do you do that aren’t important, but bring a sense of urgency?
- How much time do you spend on a daily basis on areas that don’t really matter?
- What areas could you spend more time on that would give you more reward?
Now lets really juice you up. You need to find the goal, the dream, the vision that will inspire you, excite you, give you massive drive.
The three key questions to put you on the path to success are:
- What do I really want? (What’s my Outcome)
- Why do I really want it? (What’s my purpose)
- What specific actions must I take to make this happen?
Take the time to answer these questions. Before long, you’ll find yourself getting more and more excited about new possibilities.