Are you looking to unlock your potential? Do you have a genuine desire to become successful? Well the magic to achieving anything comes from within, and is very much dependent on your self belief. The most crucial weapon you can possess in building the life of your choice is having belief. That is both a belief in yourself and a belief in not only what you do, but the outcome you’ll achieve.
I learnt this lesson early in my life. I was very competitive in sport. I admit that of course I played sport for the enjoyment of it, but I can’t deny I played to win. What I brought with me, no matter the sport I was playing was the total belief that I could beat the person I was playing against. This really did work for me, and often I would defeat an opponent with superior ability, technique and physical strength. It was my inner belief that would beat them every time. It gave me the edge I needed.
I bring this Self-belief into everything I do. And its my biggest strength, that is something I assure you is true. I don’t say this to you in an arrogant way. It’s just I know my strength, and my bucketful of self belief is my biggest strength over and above everything I am and do.
For me, it is the sort of self-belief that convinces you that you can cope with whatever that course of action will throw at you and that you will come through successfully. For if you don’t believe in your own course of action and decisions, who else will?
So, if you have the desire to become successful, the primary thing that you need to work on is to believe in yourself. This will pave the way for you to develop confidence in yourself, and improve your chances of attaining the success you seek.
Your belief in your capabilities to produce the desired results from your own actions is the most important determinant of both your behavior and how much you will persevere with your efforts no matter the obstacles and challenges you face.
I’m now going to give you the most simple method to build the inner belief in you. This is going to sound really silly to you. You’re going to believe that I’ve truly lost the plot. Well this works and you now have to tell yourself that if it can work for me and my clients then it’s going to work for you.
You must believe in everything you do, because if you don’t, it’s not going to work for you full stop.
- Stand in front of a mirror.
- Look at your reflection, and now put a determined and powerful’ look on your face, this is important – absolutely no smiling allowed!
- Look into the reflection of your eyes. Never take your focus off your own eyes, not even for a moment, just look deeper and deeper into them.
- Say to yourself in a loud, strong voice “I am brilliant!”.
- Now focus on the power of the meaning of these words. ‘I am brilliant.’ Keep looking at the reflection of your eyes, and concentrate for a minute or two on the meaning of you being brilliant. After all you are.
- Now repeat it again, but this time be more forceful. Say ‘I am brilliant’ and have conviction in your words. with even more conviction.
- Again allow these words to sink in, feel their power. ‘I am brilliant’.
- Push your shoulders up, tighten your tummy muscles and again looking at the relection of your eyes with total conviction powerfully say ‘I am brilliant’.
- Continue this for a minute or two.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath in, and imagine your lungs filling with power, strength and confidence, feeling it pulsing right through your body.
- Now exhale, breathe out all doubt and fear, letting them go forever. As you breathe out repeat on each exhale ‘I am brilliant.
- Repeat this for a minute or two.
- Now turn around with your back to the mirror, pump your arms into a fist, saying ‘I am brilliant.’
- Now get on and show the world your brilliance.
Believing in yourself is the true key to your own success. You should always be learning and growing in knowledge. But wherever you may be now, believe in yourself and in the fact that you can get the job done.
Life is too short not to enjoy it, and its crazy to be doubting yourself all the way through. When we live our life with belief life becomes a wonderful ride. We not only have better days and a better life, we actually do our life’s work better , with more inspiration, innovation, enjoyment, passion, and even more results!
So do this exercise, again and again, and let it put some magic into your life.