Life can be full of big concerns, from bills needing to be paid, conflicts with people, deadlines at work, problems with your car, the list goes on and on… it’s how we perceive in our minds the things happening in our lives which determine how we handle them and how in general our lives map out.
So many of the people I come across on a daily basis are weighed down by their daily responsibilities. Are you?
How empowered do you think this is going to make you? When you are weighed down by your daily responsibilities you are constantly worrying about everything. Often you end up having sleepless nights because you just can’t stop thinking about all your worries.
Unfortunately worrying won’t solve anything; in fact all it’s going to do is make things worse.
The weight of daily responsibilities and the burdens of life produces an epidemic of chronic stress, just look at your local doctor surgery. Over half their patients are suffering with stress and receiving some form of treatment for it.
Stress not only zaps you of all your energy, it simply drags you down. It is a debilitating disease that you must do everything you can to defeat.
When you’re down in the dumps, everything feels bad. You’re not interested in anything, you don’t feel like connecting with others or even going outside. You are well and truly down.
Having the ability to pick yourself up during hard times is an essential skill that you need to develop. You must have ways where you can lift yourself up so that you can pick yourself up when you’re down.
1. Practice upbeat communication! When you get into a really good, positive, upbeat conversation you’ll notice that you forget all your troubles. Time just seems to pass by. We humans love interaction, and when that involves good communication are spirits will always be lifted. We were not created to be alone, so get out there and start to meet, and get into conversation.
2. Learn something new and exciting! Develop a new hobby or learn how to do something you have always been interested in. You’ll be amazed at how much more exciting life is when you are involved in something interesting. We spend so much time doing those things we have to do, well now its time to do those things you want to do. They will pick your spirits up and give you a new excitement.
3. Stop yourself being negative. Most if the time you’re not even aware of how negative you’re being. You don’t hear the words that come out of your mouth, you don’t see the slump body language, or how you push away people from the way you look at them with your eyes. When you start taking notice, and concentrate not only on pushing negativity away but adopting a positive attitude you will begin to feel completely different, and you will find things around you start happening for the better.
4. Paint the picture of a future that excites you! You need inspiration in your life. We need to be inspired, motivated, excited. Nothing at the moment gives you this. Now if you reconnect with your goals, remember what it was you wanted to achieve in your life, and decide now to start taking steps to make it happen your life will once again be empowered. You are refreshing yourself through your dream and providing yourself the magic elixir of life ‘hope’.
5. Use visualisation. Why whenever you want to take a break, get some relaxation time do you sit yourself in front of the television. Do you really think this is the best way for you to spend your time. I know a better movie producer that you need to watch, and that’s you. Start creating your dream life video in your mind, and watch it materialise.
6. Stop beating yourself up. You’re really getting no benefit out of berating yourself for your mistakes, or blaming yourself for all your failings. Rather than wasting time feeling sorry for yourself, or even angry with yourself start thinking about what it is you can be doing to change your life right now. Once the ideas come to you start taking action immediately.
7. Challenge yourself. How long have you just accepted defeat. Life’s crap and there’s nothing I can do about it. Well let me tell you there’s a load you can do. It’s time to realise this and step up to the plate, pedal hard to build up momentum, no longer allow inactivity to be your answer. There are so many stories that you can find where success has come from complete failure, now make yours the next story others will read.
This is just a starting point for you. If I’ve achieved anything with this post, my hope is that I’ve made you realise that you have control to change anything in your life, but it’s waiting for you to make the decision and to take action.